The Perfect Sloppy Joe (As Told by My Snapchat)

Sloppy Joe's and baked french fries, because carbs are not the devil.

I've always been told I make a mean sloppy joe. Maybe it's the years spent starting at the Food Network or my secret wish to be a chef, but I will toot my own horn and say that I'm pretty good cook 💃

Anyway, sloppy joe's are one of the easiest, most down-home-feel-good meals you can make and still find a way to lighten it up, which is why I love 'em! So here's my famous 'perfect sloppy joe's' as told by my snapchat story.










Step 1 - veggies. Dice 2 small bell peppers and 1 medium sized onion(for my onion dicing tip learned from the masters at Chipotle, check out the full Snap story) Throw those babies into a skillet, and move on to step 2!


Step 2 - now you've got your veggies with your oil in a skillet sauteing on medium heat. When your veggies start to soften, time for step 3.


Step 3 - add the garlic! I love garlic. Love garlic. So I eyeball a good amount and plop it in to get mixed in with what's in the pot.


Step 4 - now when you've added you're garlic, your peppers are soft, and your onions are starting to turn clear, add the meat! Tonight we used beef but our usual choice is ground turkey.


Quick tip - my nanny(great grandma) always said the smaller the pieces, the better the meal. It makes for a better, consistent texture and therefore a better meal overall, so I make sure with any ground meat recipe to break up the meal into small pieces. 


Step 5 - time for the secret sauce! I eyeball pretty much everything, but this is all about your taste preferences anyway, so find your perfect mix!


Step 6 - salt and pepper to taste, mix and it's done! 


My boys love this recipe, and it's super easy to fit into my meal plan I use for my bootcamps, so it's been passed onto several rounds of ladies to share with their families, and I've heard all good things! 

So, after cooking, plating, lunch making, and then cleaning up tonight, the boys had their bellies full, and I sat down to have cherries for dinner. Because, you know, mom life.

Because Snap is good for a lot of things, but not always recipes, I created this recipe card so you don't have to scroll through any more of my non-sense if you need to come back and find the recipe!



What's your fave sloppy joe recipe? Is it one you created? Passed down from family? Or are you a Manwich kind of momma?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Confidence in an Insecure World

Shifting Your Mindset

Making Fitness EASY