Unmotivated? Here's how to fix it.

Fresh coat thank you very much!

Watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Yes, seriously. It started as just 'me-time' where I watch my shows before the day starts, when I finished all the Project Runway's on Hulu and needed something new to watch. What followed was totally unexpected, but absolutely welcomed.

Have you ever heard the old standard 'surround yourself with people who inspire you!' Well, I'm a work from home mom. As much as he is my whole world, the only things Abe inspires me to do is play outside and nap. So I live vicariously through reality tv, and my latest obsession is the housewives.

I finished season 1 today after a few days of watching, and so far, on my limited budget, skills, and time, I've given my self a mani/pedi, shaved my legs with shaving cream, washed and deep conditioned my hair, and right now I'm wearing my pretty frilly pajamas. Not to mention the work I've been doing these last few days, OH MY GOODNESS THE WORK I'VE DONE. I feel FANTASTIC.

I'm telling you, it's the housewives. Not so much Beverly Hills, although exclusive and glamorous, it's never been something I've longed for. It's truly the women I adore. Not because they're uber gorgeous(which they are) but because they inspire me for 3 reasons.
  1. Most of them own their own business and/or charity organization
  2. They do whatever they want when they want
  3. They're 100% proof that presentation is KEY 


These women are always on top of their game. AL-WAYS. Yes, they've got a lot more resources than most of us do, but they're always ready to go and get shit done and look good doing it. Taylor with her family crisis center, Lisa with her restaurants, Adrienne with the Kings AND the Palms - these ladies are freaking #bossladies. 

If you're not a housewives fan, I know you have no idea what I'm talking about. Just roll with it.

The point is, they hold their own. They're inspiring because of it, and if I don't have real people surrounding me to be an inspiration, you bet your ass I will watch them to make me step my game up. Because I WANT THAT. I want the success. I want my boys to have what they want. I want to be respected. I want to inspire someone else. And I want to look hot as shit! And the only difference between me and those housewives, is a few years of hard workThey may have gotten their start differently, but there is nothing that is stopping me from surpassing them but me and the work I put in.

Now the glamour, that's something I admittedly slipped up on on my own accord. It happens, right? I'm not the 18 year old lifeguard any more with the beach waves and tanned skin, I'm the mom who's been married almost four years and will sometimes(most of the time) switch from PJ's into yoga pants and call it good! I think complacency comes with marriage and kids, especially when you're not working outside of the home anymore, but it's not like I want to feel gross. I still workout 5+ times a week, I shower, I smell good, I still wear makeup! I'm not on top of my game by any means, but that's why I'm obsessed now.

These girls are boss babes, no doubt, but they ALWAYS look fantastic. Even for casual things, I mean these girls are killing it! Every episode I can't help but think "man, they're stunning." Because they put effort in! They might not do all the work but they don't have to because their businesses make enough money to hire someone for that. I want to feel all eyes on me when I walk into a room, for a good reason, not because I have cheerio's in my hair or chocolate(or poop) on my shirt, or because I might look a little lost and confused because I'm exhausted. I want to feel pretty again.

The motivation I get from this reality tv show is insane, personally and in my business. Every time I watch it, new ideas are flowing, priorities are getting in order, I'm thinking about what I'm going to wear, how I'll look for the day, what can I do to be better. All the goals I want to reach are in the forefront of my mind ALL DAY, so every action I do is to get me closer to those goals ALL DAY. I get ready, really ready while Abe watches his show. I put on something to make me feel good. I'm happy with the way I look, it makes me happy overall. The happier I am the more work I get done. The more work I get done the closer I get to my goals. You see what I'm talking about? It's a cycle of taking care of yourself, feeling happy, working on those goals day in and day out. This is what that 'stupid show' gave me! The fire never went out but I swear this show adds gasoline to it every time.

So go ahead and laugh if you need to, I know how ridiculous it sounds, but if the housewives aren't going to motivate you, I beg you - find what will! Find something that doesn't make you jealous, but inspires you to step up your game and work that much harder. Find something worth working for and DO IT. What sparks you won't spark everyone, but this isn't their journey anyway, it's yours. Do it for you. Paint them nails. Wear that cute dress. Take the extra time to feel pretty. It's worth it, boo.💋

If you were a Real Housewife and could run any business you wanted to, what would you do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Confidence in an Insecure World

Shifting Your Mindset

Making Fitness EASY