When Angry Mom Comes Out



Have you ever had one of those days where nothing particular goes catastrophically wrong, but yet, like my mother's steak every family BBQ, you are just SO OVERLY DONE?

I call it angry mom syndrome, and I'm feeling it today. I never know why exactly it comes but it is never pretty no matter how hard I fight it 😩 Maybe it's because we as mom's can never watch an entire movie start to finish and ACTUALLY know what the eff is going on. Maybe it's because we have to ask nicely for tiny humans to put on their shoes/sunscreen/pants 15,000 TIMES before we can go outside. Maybe it's because cleaning at this point is absolutely futile but the house is utterly disgusting, so we do it anyway and pray it lasts for more than 6 seconds.

I think it's just a culmination of things piling up, you know? Why are mom's supposed to never lose their shit? I can be painstakingly patient mom for only so long before one last SCREECH from an angry little boy makes me snap and angry mom starts to creep in. Never burn-down-the-house-and-shave-my-head-Brittney-style mom, but like a good-heavens-child-if-I-have-to-tell-you-again-stop-stealing-fruit-from-the-fridge-I-SWEAR-I-can't-wait-for-bedtime kind of mom. Yeah, that kind of mom.

And without fail, at the end of every 'angry mom' episode, when Abel is in bed and the day is done, I feel absolutely AWFUL. I could have been more patient. I could have yelled less. I didn't have to be so damn grumpy. Yet the day is done and I'm left laying in bed, with the same look ole' Beller Bear has on her face, completely defeated. 

My goal as a mother was and is only to raise a well mannered little boy that knows right from wrong, and loves his momma. Some days I feel like 2/3 of that wish will come true. But I do know for certain that my mother lost her shit on more than one occasion while I was growing up, and I understand now it was only because she wanted me to do better. I wasn't hanging around the right kids, I was being disrespectful, whatever the reasons were on that particular day, I GET IT NOW. And I still love her. So, will Abe one day understand I wasn't yelling just to yell, but because he wasn't listening when he knew what he was doing was wrong??

 I hope so, because no matter how flustered I was at the end of the day, he is always all love and cuddles when he wakes up in the morning, and that's all I can ask for. 

To all my other mom's that may or may not have lost their shit today 💓💋

Comments

  1. Yesterday was my angry mom day. As a stay at home mom it creeps in if I go too long without "me time". I also feel guilty as well. Being a mama is so hard. We're just doing the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Amen! We can only do so much, we're not ALWAYS wonder woman! Take your me time and recharge, every day is a new day <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Confidence in an Insecure World

Shifting Your Mindset

Making Fitness EASY